Chapter 4 Study Questions
- What are some of the modes of inheritance that are consistent with this pedigree?
- In the pedigree in question 1, the mode of inheritance cannot be determined unambiguously. What are some examples of data (e.g., from other generations) that, if added to the pedigree, would help determine the mode of inheritance?
- For each of the following pedigrees, name the most likely mode of inheritance (AR=autosomal recessive, AD=autosomal dominant, XR=X-linked recessive, XD=X-linked dominant). *These pedigrees were obtained from various external sources.
- The following pedigree represents a rare, autosomal recessive disease. What are the genotypes of the individuals who are indicated by letters?
- If individual #1 in the following pedigree is a heterozygote for a rare, AR disease, what is the probability that individual #7 will be affected by the disease? Assume that #2 and the spouses of #3 and #4 are not carriers.